Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back to School & Back to Blogging!

The Hautop blog is back in action!!  After a long summer break we are back on the blogging horse and excited to continue sharing our photographic journey with you all.  For our first post back we decided to showcase our little ones as they return to school.  In typical "Mom-arrazi" fashion we brought our cameras with us on those first few days.

Erin's School Pics!
School started for both my kiddos a couple of weeks ago and this year was a BIG one.  My BABY started kindergarten!!!!!  I have shed many tears and looked through tons of old pictures trying to figure out where the time went.  It truly feels like I brought her home from the hospital just yesterday and now both of them are in school and everyone tells me they will both be graduating before I can blink, ugh!!  Darn it, now I am crying all over again!!  Sometimes, I just want to freeze them right where they are so I can hold onto the moment.  Then I have to remind myself that the joy of raising little ones is watching them grow into amazing people.  So, for now I choose to pick up my camera and keep taking pictures of them...tons and tons of pictures!!  







Vicki's School Pics!
Yes, I was the Mom at the bus stop at 7am with 2 cameras, a kid in a stroller, a dog, a husband, a cup of coffee, and sunglasses.  Hi, my name is Vicki.  I have a kindergartner and I sat in the school parking lot for 7 hours the first day.  Well, I wanted to.  And I would have if I hadn't been editing the 150 images I took of my little girl that morning.  I'm sure many of you out there can relate.  :)  We are well into week 3 now and thankfully she loves it.  Truthfully I think little brother had a more difficult time adjusting to our new family routines.  He asks for her constantly, willingly jumps in the stroller when it's time to walk to the bus stop, and won't leave her side in the afternoons.

Over the summer I picked up my camera mostly for personal use.  Falling a bit lazy with my technical training and using mostly auto modes.  Eeekkk!  Did I just say "auto mode"??   No worries, Manual Vicki is back and looking forward to working with Erin on our creative challenges.  But for now here are a few of my school pics.

 *Disclaimer....I didn't actually take this pic.  The hubs did and I love it!  It was the moment she heard the bus coming down the street.  Davis is holding on for dear life.  :)






Thanks for the page views friends!  We will be back in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment