Thursday, April 4, 2013

NUMB3RS

You remember those activities from childhood.  The ones where there were 2 pictures and you had to tell what was different.  That's sort of where this weeks challenge started.  We began our conversation with "let's take photos of the same numbers but in different ways!"   Which quickly turned in to "that's gonna take forever."  lol  So we decided to just practice our manual shooting skills taking images of whatever numbers happened to come our way.  I had actually thought we would end up with another Sisters-from-different-mister post.  But turns out we did not.  Lucky you.  :)

Here's the latest from Erin:
I am so excited to finally share a few images from the baseball field.  I take so many pictures from every baseball game but tried to turn a little focus to the "numbers" for this week's challenge.  This weekend my son's team and my nephew's team played each other in what turned out to be a very exciting game!  And I was just as thrilled that the weather was finally cooperating, and we weren't frozen by the end of the game :-)  Here were a few of the fun number shots. 






And here are the cousins...


And we are thankful that they don't seem upset at the end of the game, no matter the outcome.
                                 

Here's the latest from Vicki
Ok first my nephews MUST stop growing up.  This is just to much to watch.  They are supposed to be little toddlers running around asking for juice.  Not these joke-cracking, uniform wearing, super talented little ball players!

Now onto the numbers pics.  So I thought for a few days about how to make this not so boring.  My backyard is not going to cut it.  Then I realized I had an upcoming trip to visit my twin (really my younger sister, but we like to think of ourselves as twins) at her place down in Wilmington.  Perfect, everything looks better at the beach, right?   So day 1 of shooting was beautiful.  The sky was crystal clear and I set out about an hour before sunset to snap a few pics of my kids at the marina.  Camera set to a "sunny 16" aperture, ISO at 400, and shutter speed at 320.


That pretty lady number 992071 is captained by my sister's better half, Mr. Mike White.  If you are in Wrightsville Beach this summer check out his sport fishing business, Offshore Account Charters.  They book full or half day trips all summer long.  You won't be disappointed.

However, I was when I started snapping the following day at the beach and didn't change my camera settings.  Drawback #1 to shooting manual, you ALWAYS have to check your settings.  None of this point and shoot business.  So I had a few blown-out pics before I realized my mistakes and took them all over again.  This day was super overcast and barely any direct sun at all.  My settings were 2.8 aperture, ISO 400, and shutter speed of 640.  I did do some post-processing just because they were so blah....and still kinda are.




That's all for this week!  The moral of the story here is that you must practice.  Find subjects, any subjects and just keep shooting!  Next time we are back with "emotion".  Should make for a fun post!

Write us anytime with suggestions or comments at, hautopblog@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment